who loves us, and we love Him.
We will "stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things,
and in all places" (Mosiah 18:9) as we strive to live
the Young Women values, which are:
Faith
Divine Nature
Individual Worth
Knowledge
Choice and Accountability
Good Works
Integrity and
Virtue.
We believe as we come to accept and act upon these values,
we will be prepared to strengthen home and family, make and keep sacred covenants,
receive the ordinances of the temple, and enjoy the blessings of exaltation.
We will "stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things,
and in all places" (Mosiah 18:9) as we strive to live
the Young Women values, which are:
Faith
Divine Nature
Individual Worth
Knowledge
Choice and Accountability
Good Works
Integrity and
Virtue.
We believe as we come to accept and act upon these values,
we will be prepared to strengthen home and family, make and keep sacred covenants,
receive the ordinances of the temple, and enjoy the blessings of exaltation.
For the past 4 1/2 years I have been blessed to serve in my wards Young Women presidency as the 2nd counselor. It has been an amazing calling! I have often told people that I hope I get to serve in Young Women for the rest of my life :-) I have been thinking a lot about the Young Women program lately as we prepare for our move out of the ward which will bring an end to this calling. I am so grateful that we have a loving Heavenly Father who values his daughters so much that He has created a program to help strengthen them against the difficulties of the world and realize their true worth and potential. I didn't join the church until I was 18, so I wasn't able to participate in Young Women as a youth and I am so glad I have gotten the chance to experience it as an adult! I have loved going to Girls Camp and parts of Youth Conference and it was a great blessing to be able to earn my Young Woman Recognition as well as complete the value of Virtue this spring. This is truly an inspired program and I am so glad that my daughters will have it to be a strength to them and help them understand that they truly are Daughters of God and He loves them! I love the Young Women in my ward and am so grateful for their friendship and all they have taught me, they have kept me young-no one quite understands my love of High School Musical like 12 and 13 year old girls :-) I am also grateful for all of the wonderful women and men I have served with for their righteous examples. Their are a lot of things that I will miss about this ward when we move but Young Women will definitely be near the top of the list!
5 comments:
Ditto! Do you really have to leave? Me getting released, you leaving and everyone else getting released...it's just way too much change all at once for my poor heart.
Wow. That's a long time in a calling. I'm sure they will miss you A LOT. On to new adventures for you...
Reading this makes me cry a little Liz! Happy and sad tears, happy to be reminded of how great the young women's program is and sad that you will be leaving our ward soon. You are such an inspiration to me and so many others! And the same goes for you Emily! I know the Young Women will miss you both!
Being in Young Womens was my favorite calling as well! We've been stuck in Primary for the last 3 years and I think I'm ready for a change! Your new house is so adorable! Good luck with all you have going these next few weeks!
Lucky girl, I've always wanted to have a calling in young women's. It really is a great program!
Post a Comment