Last night I was able to attend the Draper Temple open house with Dan and my parents. It was such a neat experience! I haven't been to the open houses of any of the other temples so it was interesting to see how it all worked, one comment I have heard from many people after going through is that the Church sure is organized! The rooms in the temple were beautiful, especially the chandelier in the Celestial Room. One thing that I really like about the tour is that the last room they showed you was a sealing room. At first I thought it was weird because I assumed the Celestial Room would be the last thing but as I thought about it I realized how appropriate that the tour build up the the sealing room. Being sealed as eternal families is really what the temple, and the whole Gospel, is about. I am so grateful that I was able to be sealed in the temple to my wonderful husband and that Macey is sealed to us as well. As Elder Holland said in the video that they showed before the tour, it wouldn't be Heaven without our families.
I was so glad that I was able to share the open house experience with my parents. It was a great way for them to better understand the temple and why it is so important to us. I am so grateful for the support and respect that my parents, and my whole family, show for my choice to make the Church a central part of my life. My parents are two of the best examples that I have in life of the Saviors love and acceptance of us and I love them very much!
I hope that everyone living in the valley takes the opportunity to visit the open house, it was wonderful!
3 comments:
That is wonderful that you were able to go there with your parents!! I can't wait to go with our YW.
I'm glad that you had such a great time and spirit while attending the temple. We go at the beginning of March and we can't wait. We are thinking of taking Raegan...good or bad idea? Did you see kids as young as our girls there?
Very cool! We get to go Tuesday and then I get to volunteer next Tuesday. We're excited!
Post a Comment