Monday, February 23, 2009

The Happiest Place on Earth!

Yesterday we got home from our wonderful Disneyland vacation, it really is the happiest place on earth! We had so much fun! We left early Thursday morning and hit the park Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I am glad that Nick and Julie loved it, I was slightly worried that after the first day they would wonder why we wanted to spend our whole vacation there, luckily that was not the case. Some of my most memorable Disneyland moments are; getting soaked on Splash Mountain after I was mocking people for wearing ponchos, the girl falling out of her teacup (she was okay), seeing a couple get engaged in front of the castle, the great ice cream, running to the Peter Pan ride during our Magic Morning and being the first ones to ride on Pinocchio that day, and of course all of the awesome rides!!! I know that this post is suffering from a bit of picture overload but I just couldn't decide which ones to leave out since everything was so great!

Dan and I with Mr. and Mrs. Incredible! We saw alot of other characters but the line to get our pictures with them was way too long.
In line for the Toy Story Midway Mania ride. I loved the Mr. Potato Head (and Roz in Monsters Inc.) who really interacted with us. What cool technology!

Waiting for Gadget's Go Coaster

Driving Donald Duck's boat


Dumbo the Flying Elephant

In line for Indiana Jones



We saw a really cool movie about the history of Disneyland. Walt Disney sure had some amazing dreams that came true!

Celebrating Nick's first visit

Me being a nerd! Alice in Wonderland is one of my favorites!

I loved seeing the Disney characters inside Small World

Tarzan's Tree House


Nick and Dan in Toon Town

This is a good description of how tired we were each night after so much walking/standing around!

On the circus train


Thanks to Nick and Julie for a great trip and to my mom for taking such good care of Macey (she did great while we were gone). I can't wait until Macey is a little older and we can take her for her first Disneyland trip, she will love it!

10 comments:

The Wessman Family said...

I am so jealous!!! Glad you had a great time:)

Elmer said...

So fun! I wish I had been there too. :)

Lucy said...

Hooray for times that we are able to "get away from it all!" I am glad you guys had such a great time!!

Julie Williams said...

What a great three days! I loved it! What wonderful memories!! Can't wait to go back and take Trevor in a few years!

Kellie Glade said...

How fun and exciting! It makes me want to go right now. It has been a long time since I have been there.

Erin said...

I LOVE Disneyland, Kyle and I even honeymooned there! Sounds like you had a blast...it makes me want to go back there real soon!

The Geists said...

How fun!! I'm glad you guys had a blast!! Last time I went, I was 12 and no one would go on the rides with me, So I enjoy it more when others have fun!

Keith and Allie said...

What a great trip! I've never been with just adults. I bet you got a lot more done with a lot less whining! :) It looked super fun!

Keri said...

You guys are the biggest geeks . . . and I love it!! I can't wait to hear all about your trip and see lots more pictures -- Looks like it was TONS OF FUN!

Shana said...

Fun!!!