Thursday, January 22, 2009

Who is Neil?

So I was all geared up for some premium Lost action last night. Keri came over with treats (beware of flying candy) and Dan already had Macey sleeping when I got back from YW so you would think that the three of us would be all set for a great night. Well, you would have thought wrong! All three of us were thoroughly unimpressed with the two episode opener. I feel like we hardly know anything more than we did at the end last season! Where were the answers? Where was the mystery? We already pretty much knew that the island was traveling in time and most of the suspense stuff they tried to throw in (who is Kate meeting at the hotel...Oh! Sun.) was pretty predictable. Also, the whole "let's introduce a stupid new castaway named Neil just so we can impale him with a fire dart" was a total waste of time! I thought one of the best moments of the whole two hours was when Hurley threw his Hot Pocket at the wall after being surprised by Ben. I feel like the writers need to find a way back to the glory days of the first two seasons, and do it quickly!!!!
Sorry for the rant :-) There were one or two redeeming parts of the story (Ms. Hawkings, Daniel in the Orchid station, Richard giving John the compass) and I am sure that I will tune it next week because I do have some faith that they can turn it around (please!!!). If you for some reason that I missed loved this episode let me know!

4 comments:

Keri said...

Felt the same way Liz!! Total Bummer, almost called you, but it was 10:30 by the time I was done watching it!! I wondered who Neil was too, almost called you at that part, glad to know I didn't totally miss that last season (cuz YES, I am known to miss a couple things!!
Luv ya,
Keri (The Mad not The Nei)

Nielsen Fam said...

Liz, you are a DORK! I don't watch so I have no idea what you are talking about. I love ya though!

Keri said...

check --

ha ha just kidding (totally the wrong time to use this)

You should tell Keri that she could have called at 10:30 because I kept you up all night!!

What a bummer the episode was, (fair enough . . . ) but thanks for a super fun night!! (excited to do it again soon!)

Kellie Glade said...

Hang in there...I'm am very hopeful that it will get better. Or else! :)