Monday, January 19, 2009

Celebrity Stalking Success!!!

Today I went to up to Sundance with Emily and Audrey and after a disappointment last year of not seeing any stars, this year was a big success!!!
Liam Neeson! (I don't know any of those other people). We were really lucky with the Liam sighting, we were just standing on the sidewalk trying to see through a big crowd across the street were Kristen Stewart (Bella) was supposedly in a store and a big SUV pulled up right by us and he got out! While on the same sidewalk we also saw comedian Sandra Bernhard walk past. I guess it was a right time in the right place situation :-)
Although seeing Liam Neeson was exciting, he was just a preview for...
JOHN KRASINSKI!!!!!
Our main goal in going up today was to try to see John, he has written a screenplay and directed the movie that was premiering at the Eccles Theatre. We didn't have tickets but we went to try to catch a glimpse of him. As it turned out we almost missed seeing him because he arrived so early, we hadn't been there for long and were checking out the back and side entrance to the theatre trying to figure out where all of the VIP's would enter. All of a sudden I thought I saw John walking across the parking lot with a small group of people. It was hard to tell because he was pretty far away but I was right (I think that celebrity spotting is my newly discovered talent). Unfortunately we didn't get close enough to him to get a picture with him or an autograph but Emily did yell "I love you John" to which he sweetly replied "Awww, Thanks"! And I think that he is even cuter in person!!
After John went into the theatre we thought that our luck might have been over but then I spotted Ed Helms (Andy) standing a few feet away from us!

He was so so nice! Right after I asked him if we could take a picture with him he got a phone call, he apologized and asked us to wait just a minute. After he got off the phone a friend of his came up to talk to him and he told her to wait a minute because he had promised us a picture! Now that is what I call a gracious celebrity!
A dream come true, I finally meet a celebrity!!

12 comments:

Keri said...

OH MY GOSH! Holy office actors batman! This is AWSOME and I am so excited that this year was so much better then last - congrats on such a cool day!

The Wessman Family said...

I am so impressed!!! How fun. I will watch The Office with new eyes this week!

Julie Williams said...

How fun! Glad you guys had a great Sundance day! Andy seems like a great guy!

Elmer said...

Thank you for participating in and supporting my celebrity stalking habits...you are certainly a natural! ;)

Keith and Allie said...

How fun Lizzy! You crack me up! P.S. I love your new background!

Kristy said...

You girls ROCK!

Kim and Todd said...

That is awesome!

Nielsen Fam said...

How Fun!!!

Shana said...

Very sweet! You have a lot more patience to go up there than I do. Plus I'm not loving Hollywood lately, but I have really gotten into The Office, so that part is way cool!

Angie said...

ooooh, I am soooo jealous!! Good job at celebrity stalking! I would be so star-struck, I wouldn't know what to do.

Kellie Glade said...

How awesome and famous are you now? That looks like you had so much fun. My sister went up and loved it. I'll for sure have to go next year.

Tracy Smythe said...

I am so glad you were able to have such a profitable stalking session!!! I'm jealous...oh to see Jim in person. And hello how cute is Andy?