Friday, December 19, 2008

The Stockings Were Hung...

Yeah!! The stockings are finally done, and we still have six days to spare before the Big Day!
Around Thanksgiving I decided that I wanted to make Macey and Dan stockings to match the one that I had grown up with. My Grandma Glory made mine when I was little and all of my cousins have similar ones (different designs, all latch hook) that were made by our Great Grandma Christensen. The latch hooking itself wasn't difficult but it was very time consuming, thankfully my mom volunteered to make Macey's and she also did the sewing work on both stockings, thanks Mom!
Finished with the latch hook, now off to my Mom for the finishing touches!





9 comments:

Julie Williams said...

I love them. You did a great job and tell your mom she did as well. So cute. I love how big they are!

Elmer said...

Impressive! They look great!

Wendy said...

They are darling. You did a great job! Question is did you earn a treat for finishing off a goal,lol?

Kristy said...

I just found out you had a blog!! Way cute.

The Wessman Family said...

I am impressed! They look very cute.

Erin said...

Hi Liz! I just found your blog through Lucy's. I hope you don't mind me taking a look! Our blog is private so if you want to check it out e-mail me and I'll invite you!
erincoles81@yahoo.com
P.S. Cute stockings...they look a little too hard for my crafing skills! :)

Kellie Glade said...

Wow! That's amazing. They look great! Um, yeah...still working on ours.

Angie said...

Hey Liz! Hope you don't mind me peeking at your blog too! Your stockings look awesome. That looks like a lot of work!

email me and I'll send you an invite to our blog if you want: alou80@gmail.com

Shana said...

Very impressive Liz! Hope you have a wonderful holiday!!