This year Dan and I started a new tradition. Since Macey loves books, we thought it would be fun to have a Christmas book countdown. We got 24 Christmas books and wrapped them up, each night we choose one for Macey to unwrap and read. This year she is only kinda into it, she likes to tear off some of the paper but she often loses interest before the book is totally unwrapped. She does love the books though, so far her favorite Christmas book is a Silent Night book that plays the song and has flashing lights around the Baby Jesus.
Some other Christmas traditions that we have are:
-Eating pizza on Christmas Eve at Grandma Glory's
-Having cinnamon rolls and chocolate milk on Christmas morning
-Jolynn's Christmas cakes
-Singing around the piano with Dan's family on Christmas Eve
-The Nichols family party and gift exchange
-Christmas breakfast with my family
-Putting up our decorations and coffee can tree
-Watching Christmas Vacation
-The Christensen Family Party
What a great season!
3 comments:
Hey Leaktree we found your blog. You should stop by ours sometime, and see what we are up to. I am going to invite my self over to Cecil's for breakfast on Christmas morning. See you there!
I love traditions! especially the ones I am involved in! (Christmas eve at Grandma's and Christmas breakfast)
Hey! I found your blog through Tracy's. Send me your email address and I'll send you an invite for ours. What fun Christmas traditions. We are still trying to create some of our own, but Raegan still doesn't know exactly what is going on and why we have a tree in our house. Happy Holidays! --Kellie
email: wishinuponastar13@yahoo.com
Post a Comment