Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Grandma Dewey Day

Every Wednesday all of the girls in my family (my mom, grandma, aunts & cousins) get together for lunch. This is a tradition that started when I was a little girl and my mom, Grandma Glory and aunts bowled together on Wednesdays. Their bowling league was in Sugarhouse where my great-Grandma Dewey lived and they would get together for lunch after bowling and to help in Grandma Dewey's yard in the summer. Grandma Dewey has since passed away but the tradition is still going strong, and now Macey and her cousins have gotten to be a part of it!
This Wednesday was another special tradition along with lunch, starting in 2006 my aunt Linda has had us to her house for a special lunch on the Wednesday after the date my Grandpa Glory died in 2005. I love that my family is so close and that we see each other so often, I know that it is rare and my life has been incredibly blessed because of it! Even though I am an only child I feel like I grew up with four sisters and two extra mom's!

The girls at lunch! Pardon Macey's crying, she had just woken up from a nap.

Jordyn "helping" Macey eat her lunch!


4 comments:

Nielsen Fam said...

What a great tribute Liz!

Keri said...

I love this post, I love this tradition, and I LOVE your family! What a cute picture of some of my favorite people!!

Keri said...

K, finally got on your blog, and I love it!! Such cute pics and words!! It's fun to see Macey just at home, without all of us around!! Luv you!!

Kevin & Lindsay said...

You blog is cute!! It is fun to see macey in action! Thanks for coming to the party last night. It was fun to all be together. Have a good Christmas if we don't see you.