Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Triple Threat in the Making

Macey has loved to dance to music for a long time but lately she has been adding a new talent to the mix, singing along! some songs she just kind of hums along with but with others she has picked out certain words that she will sing along with or repeat. One of my favorites is when she sings along with the "come on, come on, come on" in HSM 3! But she also sings along with the songs on Abby in Wonderland and some of her favorite rock songs like "Raise Your Hands". Whenever she is listening to music, either a CD or on a video, she likes to jump around and she often holds onto the entertainment center or computer drawer to help her jump higher! The other day at story time one of the other mom's commented that she could jump really high...maybe we should contact the WNBA!

I love how her tongue is sticking out in this picture!


Probably my favorite moment of her singing was when I was laying in bed after I had put her down for the night and she was listening to a Kenny Loggins lullaby CD. It was on the song "Rainbow Connection" which is one of her favorites, and when it said "the lovers, the dreamers, and me" I could hear her little voice through the monitor repeating "and me"! So she can sing and dance, now we just need to work on the acting and she will take Broadway by storm!

6 comments:

Keith and Allie said...

I'm glad to hear that she has a wide knowledge of music! I sometimes feel bad that Nick doesn't know the wheels on the bus but has the HSM3 CD nearly memorized! Rock on Macey!

The Wessman Family said...

So impressive! (We haven't mastered jumping yet:) Have a great day!

Lucy said...

What fun!! She is such a cutie.

The Geists said...

So cute!! What a happy little girl!

Wendy said...

I think she takes after her mommy ;)!

Keri said...

You know TRUE talent when they sing along to Jon Bon!!