Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Good, The Bad, and The Woodchip!

We had a pretty busy weekend and most of it was really fun! To get it out of the way I will start out with the bad:

We had an open house on Saturday and nobody came! Definitely the most frustrating part of trying to sell our house has been keeping it clean in case people want to look at it and then no one looking :-) I often feel like the house is "All dressed up with nowhere to go"! Oh well, hopefully it was just bad timing with the weather and conference. Anyway, now onto the good!

To start off, it was conference this weekend which is always so great! We are so blessed to have a living prophet to guide our Church and it is so wonderful to be taught by him and our other leaders. It was a bit of a challenge to pay attention to all of the talks with Macey (good thing they come in the Ensign) but Dan and I thought of alot of fun ideas to help Macey get involved in conference as she gets a little bit older. Some of my favorite talks were Elder Hales on provident living, the member of the primary presidency on teaching your children reverence, and the member of the Seventy who spoke on temples and making your home a temple. I loved the quote he used from his young son about never being lost when you can see the temple.
I also got to go to a yummy breakfast at Kneaders for Holli's birthday and to the aquarium with Dan and Macey.
To finish off our good weekend we got together for a family lunch at Stacy's house. I love that we are getting together more as a whole family, it is so great to see everyone! Macey had a blast playing with her cousins and especially jumping on the tramp! Her and Jordyn and playing together better all the time, although today Jordyn attempted to lock Macey in the playroom so that she would stay and play and not run away!





Pretty soon that sweet Sophie will be running around with them too!

Probably the grossest part of the weekend was when we finally pried Macey off of the tramp and slide to go home, I was getting her a drink and I noticed that she was coughing and had something big in her mouth...it was a woodchip from the backyard! Already semi eaten of course! We were able to get most of it out but hopefully the rest will add some good fiber to her diet!

3 comments:

Keri said...

Nothin like a woodchip to keep you regular!! And can you blame Jordy for wanting Macey all to herself!! Jordy can't wait for Thursday so her and Macey can play together!!

The Wessman Family said...

I am glad you had a good weekend! Conference is great:) Sorry about the home selling issues. If I hear of anyone, I will send them your way...

Julie Williams said...

That is so fun that Macey loves the tramp! She is a great little jumper!