Monday, April 20, 2009

Nerds Night Out!

Having a best friend who is as nerdy as I am is so great!! On Friday Keri and I had a much needed girls night out. We started with dinner at Spaghetti Mama's and I must add that I think that restaurant is cursed for me! Last time Keri and I were there I left my purse and this time I left my sweater, thankfully I was able to get both back unharmed :-) After the dinner and some great LOST conversation we joined the throngs of teenage girls to see "17 Again" on opening day! I have to say that my love of Zac Efron aside it was a pretty good movie, I think even non-nerds would enjoy it :-)
Keri wanted to take a picture of us sitting in the theatre and we had a bit of trouble, she kept pushing the power button instead of the picture button. Also please ignore my attractive double chin, I always pull my head back weird when the camera is right in front of me!
After the movie we ran into a friend of my cousin's who agreed to take our picture in front of the movie poster. Too bad we hadn't puff painted our shirts to declare our love for Zac Efron like some other girls we saw! J/K :-)

If you want to check out a cool clip from the movie check out Keri's blog: http://www.mikekeri.blogspot.com/
Keri and I felt that this scene was a tad HSM'ish...maybe they wanted to make sure to hook all the fans early! Also on a related note, I thought that the HSM skit that Zac Efron did when he hosted SNL was hilarious! For some reason I couldn't get the YouTube video on my blog but here is the link:

4 comments:

Lori said...

Sounds like a fun girls nite out. Jealous!

Keri said...

That SNL clip was funny! Thank you for posting that. I had a blast on Friday night and think we should plan it again soon - I just got my "Summer Movie" Entertainment Weekly, I will mark some good ones for us!!

Julie Williams said...

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun at the movies! Loved the SNL clip thanks for sharing it!

Nielsen Fam said...

All I can say is YOU BIG DORKS!!
Luv ya