Sunday, March 15, 2009

What am I looking for?

I wasn't prepared to get very much out of sacrament meeting today; Macey had a really hard morning, we got to church a little late so we didn't get a seat in the pews and it was High Council Sunday...not a great combination. But it surprised me! Macey did really well, she didn't really cry and Dan only had to take her in the hall for about five minutes because she was being a bit to distracting running around the cultural hall :-) But the best part of the meeting was the first talk, it was all about having a more positive outlook on life during troubling times. Generally I would describe myself as a pretty positive person but lately (especially this weekend) I have felt super stressed, irritable and negative. One of the things that the speaker said (sorry I don't remember his name), was that if we are looking for positive things that is what we will see and vice-versa. Sound pretty simple right? As I though back over times that I got upset this weekend I realized that most of the time I was only looking for the negatives, no wonder I have been in such a bad mood! So I am making a goal to start focusing more on the positives, it should be easy, my life is FULL of them! We are blessed in so many ways and I am lucky to have so many positives to look to!

7 comments:

Brittany and Rob said...

That was a really good talk today. I too felt like the speaker was talking straight to me. I've been being a pessimist about life lately too but I too have so much to be greatful for! Keep your head up Liz! You're awesome!

Julie Williams said...

Liz, you are great! I also loved the talks today! It is great to be reminded of things that sometimes slip our minds!

Kellie Glade said...

Liz, you've always been an example to me of being a happy and positive person and its good to know that we all have our days. We just need to remember to always find joy in the journey. Have a great week!

Kristy said...

I ditto every comment.

Holli said...

The talk was given by Brother Ray Brenneman. Unfortunately, Camden was distracting me, so I didn't get much out of it. Thanks for the recap!

Erin said...

Glad one of us was able to listen! :) Blake did surprisingly well yesterday too, so I can't complain. IT's always nice to have a reminder to look for the positive. Heaven knows I need that reminder quite a bit! :)

Nielsen Fam said...

Isn't it amazing how the Lord works. I love those talks that feel like they were meant just for me. Your wonderful Liz, your positive attitude is contagious! Love you!