Today was Grandpa's birthday and so I thought it was a great time to post this picture. My Grandpa taught me so many valuable lessons in life including; generosity, hard work, the importance of family, how to think before you speak (I am still working on that one) and he was a great example of integrity. I have always thought it was amazing that the nickname my grandparents are known by is synonymous for magnificent because it definitely describes the kind of grandparents they are. Actually I am pretty lucky that ALL of my grandparents are magnificent! I will always remember the time I was staying with Grandma and Grandpa and he took me and my friend Keri to McDonald's, when we were driving home she said "Thank you Mr. Glory", and I thought it was hilarious that she thought that was their last name, but at the risk of being cheesy (too late I guess), that last name would have fit, he wasn't just a magnificent grandpa but a magnificent man in all he did.
Happy Birthday Grandpa!
0 comments:
Post a Comment