Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ferris Bueller said it best...

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in awhile you might miss it"
Things at the Miles house seem to be moving really fast these days since our latest development; we are moving! I know, I know, our house wasn't even up for sale, and thinking about moving while I am almost ready to pop and/or with a newborn baby seems pretty crazy but I guess we got an offer that we couldn't refuse :-) Dan's sister is getting married in June and she and her fiancee had been looking around at townhouse for awhile but couldn't find one that they liked so they decided our house was what they wanted. Although it is happening really fast we feel very lucky to be able to sell our house so easily in this market without having to go through the stress of all the showings, open houses, keeping the house spotless, etc. We also think it will be great for Macey (once she gets over the initial shock) because our original plan was to move in the fall but she will be starting a preschool program to help with her speech delay next year and switching preschools mid-year would have been a huge struggle for her (transitions are not her best thing). The plan is to move sometime in June depending on how long it takes us to close on a house. Although we are really excited, we are super sad to leave our awesome friends and ward, hopefully you will let us visit often. :-) And we won't be moving far (in the sake of blog safety I won't specify city names) but we will only be about 20 minutes away. So now we just have to find and buy a house at the same time we are having a baby...we are crazy I know! Wish us luck!!

13 comments:

Elmer said...

Well, I can't say I'm happy about this, but I am happy for you. :) I hope it all goes well and you find the house of your dreams!

Haley said...

YES!!! You are so blessed that this worked out so well. I'm happy for you. I wish I could do something to help with it all. I'll try to think of something... :)

JuliAnn Johns said...

That is exciting, Liz! Let me know if you guys want some help finding something. Roland is the best agent in town and would love to help you!

Melissa and Jason said...

Oh, how sad, yet happy at the same time. I hate seeing good people move out of our ward. Good luck finding the perfect house!

Tracy Smythe said...

I miss the hood and the ward so much. It will be hard, but I am so glad that we all can keep up on each other's lives through blogging and good ole facebook. Once we buy a house, I want to have a big Lismore reunion. Seriously such great people there. Good luck with finding a house. That is great though that you don't have the stress of showing it and keeping it spotless. That was a treat with a new baby! Nothing finer than getting a call with a 1/2 hour notice that someone is coming. (I can't tell you how many times I threw dirty dishes in a trash bag and put them in the oven).

Angie said...

That is awesome! Everyone seems to be leaving, but like Tracy said, I'm glad we have blogs to keep in touch! Good luck and have fun house hunting!

Lucy said...

Wow! This was a surprise of a post! Congrats on selling! I wish you and your family all the best. I will miss you.

Julie Williams said...

That is the best way to sell a house! I am excited for you guys to find and buy a house. Good luck house hunting. I am glad you won't be moving far, so we can visit often!

thomas family said...

Good luck finding a house! I wish I had your luck with someone buying our house. Think of it like this though at least you really won't have to do anything accept pack up your stuff. No lifting and hard work!

Kevin & Lindsay said...

Congrats!! It is fun to move but hard at the same time. That is great Kara is buying it, that takes a lot of the stress off. If you need help with ANYTHING, please let us know. Also, i can't believe your little one is almost here, i am so happy for you guys.

The McKnights said...

There's a house across the street from us here in Cottonwood Heights. You should come check it out. That would be fun.

Shana said...

You are moving by me, right????????

Erin said...

Sad but exciting news! I hope you find a great house really fast! :)
You will all be missed!