Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Whistling in the Dark

I don't know about you, but I hate being in a dim/dark room unless I am sleeping or watching a movie or something. Dan often gives me a hard time because I like to have every light in the house on. Well apparently Macey does not share my feelings on the subject. Lately she wants to have every light in the house turned off! It isn't so bad during the day when I can open the blinds but once it starts getting dark outside it poses a real challenge :) We have eaten a few dinners in the dark or with just the stove light on...maybe we should start eating by candlelight! Last week we decided to take advantage of the no lights situation and Dan gave us a Family Home Evening lesson about Christ lighting the way in our lives by using a flashlight. Macey loved playing with the flashlight of course and it may have contributed to her love of the dark! I hope that Macey grows out of this phase soon, but for now I guess I will just look forward to a smaller power bill!

1 comments:

Shana said...

I'm like your hubby. It drives me crazy to have lights on. If I leave the house, I come home to every light on. I walk around the house turning them off. When I lived alone in a little apartment, my bills were like $10. Loved it! Now with kids it's a little more expensive...