Friday, March 5, 2010

Say Yes to the Dress

For the past month or so I have been totally (and unnecessarily) stressing out about finding dresses for Macey and the new baby to wear to Kara and Matt's wedding. I know, I know, it isn't until June but I like to be prepared, and I wanted to make sure I found something before the new baby comes since I am assuming like will be pretty hectic after that :) It was a bit tough at first, black is not a color often seen on newborn babies or during Easter dress season, but I turned my search to Ebay and I think I have found the winners. The dress for the new baby is cuter in person, it has little butterflies embroidered on it. But she will probably be sleeping and wrapped in a blanket the whole time so no one will see it anyways.


Macey's dress is super cute! When she tried it on and I told her it was for Kara's wedding she kept calling it her "wedding dress" and saying that she was pretty :-) My only concern is that it will be a little short by June but it should still be okay. I tried to get her to pose for a picture but as you can see I was not very successful!
Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that I will be able to find a dress for myself that will make my 6-weeks after baby body look spectacular! At least black is slimming!!!

5 comments:

Keith and Allie said...

Very cute! I can't wait to see the pics from the wedding too!

Elmer said...

Super cute! I'll keep an eye out at Ross for you. ;)

Julie Williams said...

I love the dresses you found! Great job! Your girls will look so cute!

Melissa and Jason said...

The dresses are really cute. It will be fun to see pictures of the two of them together.

Kellie Glade said...

Both very darling black dresses. You did pick some winners. We have a wedding in August and they are bright Gerber Daisy colors...so I should get looking. Too bad none of those colors will look very slimming on me :)