Friday, November 13, 2009

It's Back...

The binky...okay I guess technically it wasn't really gone but we were working very well on an "only at naps and bedtime" rule and for a big softie like me that was pretty good. Macey has been having a really difficult time ever since Dan went back to work. I guess it must be pretty confusing for her, Daddy was around almost all of the time for a few months and then one day he was gone almost all day. She had a major increase in tantrums and a decrease in sleeping. All of this coupled with the fact that I was exhausted from being pregnant set up a perfect stage for the return of the binky!

We are working on it again and she is slowly becoming less hooked. Wish us luck :-)

3 comments:

The Wessman Family said...

We took Abby's away completely at one point, but then gave it back because it really wasn't (isn't) worth the sadness it causes. I think you are completely justified! (I don't think it is doing any harm:)

Lori said...

I need ideas on how to get Tyler to give up his bottle. We're down to 3 a day. He is so dependant upon it and so demanding when it's time for the bottle. I wish he would have taken a binkie, perhaps we'd be off the bottle by now. But then reading the above comment maybe it's OK to still have it. :)

Kellie Glade said...

Liz, I totally feel for both you and Macey. Raegan sucks on a blue blanket and since I have been feeling the same way, I've let her carry it around...don't know how sanitary that is, but she loves it. Hope you able to get in a nap during the day!