Sunday, May 3, 2009

Secret Life of Elmo?

Macey loves Elmo (and Abby too!) and Dan and I are quite used to hearing her talk about them all the time. She is constantly saying "Abby, Abby, Elmo!". The other night I think that she might have been talking about them in her sleep, it was early in the morning and I could hear her breathing through the monitor and then I heard a sleep voice say "Abby, Elmo" and then back to just breathing. She didn't wake up for a few more hours, maybe she was dreaming about them :-)
Well, the past few days Elmo has been turning up in an unexpected spot...Macey's "My First Book of Mormon Stories"! Macey seems to think that Alma is really named Elmo! We get to that page and I say "Alma" and she always says Elmo! Tonight I kept trying to get her to say Alma and Dan told me it might be a lost cause! Hopefully she figures it out before she goes to primary, it would be embarrassing if her teacher asked her who her favorite Book of Mormon character was and she said Elmo!

1 comments:

Amy said...

Cute. It wouldn't be that embarrassing if she called Alma, Elmo in Primary. When Lexie was about 3 she used to pray for Froto from Lord of the Rings in almost every prayer for several weeks. For some reason she really liked Froto, even though she had only seen 15 minutes of the show. The funny things our kids do.