Friday, January 21, 2011

Family Portraits

The other night Macey was drawing at the table and I started asking her to draw some shapes. (So far she can do a circle and a line). She usually doesn't want to draw anything specific and just likes to scribble but after she had complied with my request for some circles I asked her to draw Avery. I was very impressed with the outcome! (She had already drawn the circle so I think it was just coincidence that she drew Avery's face inside of it).
She then drew pictures of herself, me, Dan and several other family members of her choosing. Some are easier to decipher than others but basically the marks at the top are eyes, then noses in the middle and mouths at the bottom. Some of the people also got hats, hair or ears and near the end she thought it was fun to give some people "decorations"!





3 comments:

Holli said...

Yay Macey! That is so cool!

Lori said...

Wow! It looks just like ME! Love the art work!

Keith and Allie said...

I love the idea of taking pictures of your children's artwork! It's so hard to save everything they make but I love taking pics & saving those instead! You are very talented Macey!