I am not sure who ordered all of this rain but Christmas is supposed to be White, not Wet! On Wednesday night we came home from my parents house and found an unwelcome Christmas surprise...a small river running through our basement! Good thing we hadn't finished it yet. There was quite a bit of stuff in the waters path and a ton of water in our window well, plus two little girls that needed to go to bed, so my mom came over to help out. Reason #154 I am glad we live so close :) We were able to get everything to dry land and it doesn't look like anything got damaged...we are definitely counting our blessings. I guess our first flood is just one of the joys of home ownership :) Several of my friends have also had flooding problems in the past week or so, next Christmas, lets lay off the rain okay?
On a funnier note, last night Macey was playing with the Barbie motor home that she inherited from Lori and Kara. She loves it and it is at least as long as she is! While she was playing I looked over and she was standing inside of it so I told her that she needed to get out and that it was only for her toys and she replied "But Mom, it's big!". Hard to argue with that logic :-)
June
8 years ago
3 comments:
I hope Macey has as many fun hours playing with the Barbie motorhome as I had. That was seriously one of my favorite toys.
we had our basement flood in our old house too. Such a pain! Check you gutters to make sure they are properly placed and clear. We eventually figured out that was our problem.
I must be out of the loop! I had no idea you had a flood! Bummer. Glad it's all okay. And I love the Macey story, she's too cute!
Post a Comment