Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Kicking Off the Season!

We had a busy weekend full of parties and other fun to kick-off the holiday! Unfortunately, I didn't take pictures of most of it...you'll just have to use your imaginations :-) On Friday morning I took the girls to the Festival of Trees with Julie and her boys. I had tired the festival with Maceylast year and it resulted in a major meltdown so this year was a huge improvement! Macey and Trevor loved looking at all of the trees and finding characters that they recognized. Some of our favorite trees were the Fancy Nancy tree and the multiple Sesame Street and Toy Story trees. I can't believe how much stuff there was to look at! We probably only saw about 2/3 of the trees, you almost need to make it a whole day event :-)
Friday night we had a Christmas party at Dan's work. (I forgot to post it but Dan got a new job about a month ago. Long story short, his old company was sold and he got a job with his old boss at a new company). This party was very fun and kid friendly. They had face painting, crafts, movies and Santa came! Macey had a great time and passed her first Santa test of the season with flying colors! My camera was out of batteries so I only got this picture when we got home. She is holding the ornaments that she made for her and Avery and modeling her butterfly face!
On Saturday afternoon we had the Christensen Christmas Party (separate post coming with a major picture overload, prepare yourself!). That night the girls spent some quality time with Grandma and Grandpa Miles while we hosted our friend Christmas party with Dan's friends. We had fun eating and playing games and Scott and Melissa brought there sweet new baby, she is only 3 weeks old and she was so tiny...it made Avery look like a toddler! They grow up way too fast!
We finished the weekend off with our nephew Jackson's baby blessing. It was such a sweet occasion, babies really are little miracles sent from our Heavenly Father!
I hope everyone else's season has gotten off to a good start...less than three weeks until Christmas! Yikes!!

0 comments: