Monday, November 22, 2010

"Come What May, and Love It!"

Yesterday I taught the Young Women lesson on Optimism. One of the suggested talks to use in the supplement was Elder Wirthlin's talk from the October 2008 Conference "Come What May, and Love it". And I loved it :-) I remember when Elder Wirthlin gave the talk it was one of my favorites of the conference. He talked about the importance of learning to laugh and I can still see him laughing at the pulpit! I had forgotten some of the principals in his talk and was so glad to get the chance to study it in preparation for my lesson. Having a positive attitude makes life so much better and I am so grateful for my testimony of the Gospel and the eternal perspective that it gives. In some of my recent blog stalking I came across a quote that I love; "everything will work out for the best, and if it isn’t the best, then it isn’t the end." or in other words; "all things shall work together for your good" (D&C 90:24). Have a happy day!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh Liz, I miss you! I love your attitude and am not surprised to see you in young women still :)

Lucy said...

Young Women's again! Well you are pretty great at it!! They just called me as the Primary secretary, what were they thinking??? :)

Elmer said...

I love that talk as well. Doesn't he tell a funny story about his daughter and a blind date?