Monday, October 18, 2010

Southern Belle

When I was pregnant with Macey I saw the movie "The Holiday" and loved the little girls with their British accents. I would joke that when Macey was born we would only speak to her in an accent so that she would pick it up. Well, apparently Macey was listening from the womb but the reception must have been a bit fuzzy because she got the region wrong...for the past week or so she has been speaking with a Southern accent! I have no idea where she picked it up but it is so funny :-) It is mostly in words with a long a sound (cat, back, etc.). Maybe it has to do with learning letter sounds at preschool. She has also gotten very proper with her little sister and almost always refers to her as Avery May. It looks like we have a little southern belle on our hands!

2 comments:

Kara and Matt said...

That is so funny... I can't wait to hear it. Does she say "Ya'll"?

Monica said...

haha, that is awesome! apparently they understand more in that womb that we give them credit for!