Picture it; West Jordan, summer of 2007, I am stressing out WAY to much about what to do for Macey's baby announcement (among other things). I finally settle on cute pink stationary and a quote from Mary Poppins; "Practically Perfect in Every Way". Now fast forward to the present day...Mary Poppins is Macey's favorite movie! Am I good or what?
I was slightly surprised that Macey loved Mary Poppins so much (I do think it is one of the best Disney movies though often overlooked) but maybe it was the music that one her over. She is getting really into all things Disney lately; Disney channel, Playhouse Disney, and of course Princesses. She has also liked Beauty and the Beast for a long time but I thing Mary Poppins has finally edged it out as number one! I have always loved Mary Poppins and it is great sharing things that you love with your children. She acts a lot of the movie out as she is watching as well as quoting the lines (no question that she is my daughter) and lately whenever she is holding a piece of paper she starts singing the nanny advertisement song that Jane sings (If you want this choice position...). What a funny girl! Now, I wonder what future things I will predict next? :-)
June
8 years ago
2 comments:
When I was little I use to love that movie too. I thought that if I just laughed hard enough I would "float up to the ceiling"!
That is such a great movie. Plus it's really long...:)
Post a Comment