Sunday, January 17, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

I can't believe that Dan and I have been married for eight years! I guess time really does fly when you are having fun :-) Dan and I had a fun date last night to celebrate and we saw a really funny play at the Hale Center Theatre called The Importance of Being Earnest. I am so grateful to be married to such a wonderful man and that we are sealed together as a family for eternity. What an amazing blessing! Sometimes it seems like just a year or two ago that we were cutting that cake but it is fun to look back at some of the things we have been through the past eight years:
  • Our first apartment
  • Three wards
  • Buying our town home
  • Three graduations (one for me and two for Dan)
  • Seven jobs between us, eight if I count stay at home mom
  • Many fun trips, including Disneyland three times!
  • Losing both of our Grandpa's
  • Gaining two brother-in-laws (almost), four nephews and numerous cousins
  • A wonderful daughter and one more on the way (they were both worth the wait!)

I am grateful to know that whatever else life has in store for us we will be in it together, forever!

8 comments:

Kim and Todd said...

Happy anniversary! How was Earnest? I think you may have seen my friend Paul as Algernon.

Haley said...

Aw. How sweet.

Haley said...

Wait, did you say 8 years? Crazy! That's a long time. Did you get married when you were 18 ? Tee hee..

The Wessman Family said...

So sweet! I also didn't know you'd been married 8 years! That is awesome:)

Keri said...

Way to go guys! Dan I can't believe that it was 8 years ago you stole her from me (sniffle...) hee hee just kidding, love you both!!

Keith and Allie said...

Oh Keith and I remember the day well! You were a beautiful bride and we had such fun dancing at your reception! Congrats & Happy Anniversary!

Amy said...

Congrats. Love that picture.

JuliAnn Johns said...

Congratulations, Liz & Dan! This post made me think back to the days when we would watch your wedding video.....repeatedly. Glad to see you are doing well. You have a beautiful family.