Monday, March 18, 2013

Valentines, 100 Days and the Zoo!!

February was a big month at school!  Macey's class had a Valentines party and a party to celebrate the 100th day of kindergarten!


At the end of the month Macey had her first field trip, her class went to the zoo!  I didn't go with the class on the filed trip and it was a good growing experience for Macey and me!  I had planned on going but by the time I saw the parent sign-up sheet all of the spots were full.  I was really nervous about it, not surprising if you know me, especially because the zoo has automatic flush toilets.  I talked to Mrs. Christensen about it and she told me that if I wanted to go I could but she wisely recommended that I might be a great chance for Macey to gain some independence and pointed out how well Macey does at school in rising to the expectations set.  I was a wreck for a week or two trying to decide what I should do but I knew I didn't want to add my nervousness to Macey's so I bit the bullet and sent her without me.  She was a little nervous for a few days leading up to the trip but we talked to her about it and so did Mrs. Christensen and the field trip was a huge success!!  She had a blast and didn't even hesitate when I dropped her and Stockton off that day (he was a huge help I am sure).  It really helped me and Macey learn how strong she is and to gain confidence that she can handle things on her own.  Hooray for her (and for the wimpy mom who stayed home)!!

0 comments: