Saturday, March 9, 2013

A Grand Anniversary!

This year Dan and I celebrated 11 years of wedded bliss :)  At his work Christmas party we won a stay at the Grand America so that is where we headed to celebrate.  I felt pretty fancy staying there  and our room was beautiful!  It turned out to be the happening hotel to be at that weekend, we saw the whole Cleveland Cavaliers team as well as Travis Wilson and a few other Utah players who were there for a recruiting conference.
Our hotel package included dinner at the hotel, which was just okay, and a couples massage, which was wonderful!  I love getting massages and adding some really yummy chocolates and sparkling cider didn't hurt the situation.  We took advantage of behind sans kiddos to see a movie, something that has pretty much dropped out of our lives lately, and saw Les Mis.  Loved it!!  Of course being the picky person that I am there were a few things that I was bugged about (changes of song words, Javert's death lunge being a bit too much, etc.) but overall I thought they did an amazing job and Dan and I both loved it.  We rounded off the stay with some room service breakfast which always makes me feel fancy!
We also celebrated by buying a mini-van!  Almost everyday since we bought our CX7 I wished that we had gotten something with a third seat instead.  Add to that the fact that something was wrong with the computer chip in the CX7 and my whining to Dan that I really needed to be able to take friends places with us, carpool, and aren't those automatic doors great and we finally decided to take the mini-van plunge.  I could not love it more!  And I started carpooling the next Monday :)
Happy Anniversary!!!

1 comments:

The McKnights said...

Sounds like fun. Reading this made me remember when you talked me in to getting a massage cause you didn't want to go by yourself. I'm glad you did, cause I love them now too.