Monday, March 18, 2013

Room Love

About a month after Christmas we decided to take the plunge and put Avery in a Big-girl bed!  We had been thinking about it for awhile and Dan and I ended up with some time to kill at Target one night so we decided to make good use of it and choose Avery's new bedding.  I did a bit of a DIY project for her nightstand using an old dresser we got from my Grandma Saunders house after she passed away.  The drawers were in really good shape but I wasn't loving the old school Formica top so I decided to cover it with some cute paper.
The top before...






And after with Avery's newly purple-trimmed lamp (not the best picture of the top in hindsight).   You can also see the potty chart Macey made for Avery hanging on the closet door :)
We also got some cute wall decals to match her bedspread, a DARLING reading tent, a headboard, and we painted her red shelf blue.








Avery did surprisingly well with the transition to her new bed and hasn't had any trouble sleeping.  She did fall off the end one night though :)  It has also made the transition to leaving her binky in her bed a lot smoother, so now we get to see all of her cute face during the day!
Of course with Avery getting all new stuff in her room it was a good opportunity to use some of Macey's Christmas money to spruce up her room too.  She got a headboard for her bed and her own sweet reading spot!  I would have loved having it when I was her age :)






3 comments:

Julie Williams said...

Love their bedrooms! They turned out so great!!!

Kara and Matt said...

So cute! I love the reading spots.

Holli said...

Oh my gosh! Darling! Elise is looking a the pictures with me and she just said, "I want a bedroom like that."