Another year has come and gone, what is the science behind the years speeding up as youget older? I swear just yesterday we were having Y2K drama! 2012 was a good year. We celebrated our 10 year anniversary, went on our first family trip to Disneyland (the girls still talk about it and are planning another trip, preferrably tommorow!), took the girls to Lagoon and to the Ogden Temple open house, saw Wicked, did some camping, Macey started kindergarten (and still loves it!) and I got called as RS President (and am still figuring it out!). I also realized that I forgot to blog about our cute new nephew who was born in 2012!
Cash Matthew Selander was born right before Thanksgiving and he is adorable and a major hit with our girls, especially Avery!
We had a great time ringing in the new year at the condo with the family. We missed the Selander's but I guess a late night party and a new baby don't mix :) I have never been great at New Years resolutions but this year along with the perpetual losing weight/getting in shape I made a resolution to give blood. I have always wanted to but I have always been scared...this year I will conquer my fear! I also made a couple of goals after our Stake Conference a couple of weeks ago. Our stake is celebrating 50 years since it's organization this year and our Stake Presidency challenged each of us to give 50 of something back to the Lord this year as a way of marking the occasion. As a family we made a goal to read 50 chapters of the Book of Mormon with the girls. Up until now we have just been reading the children's scripture readers, they are much easier for the girls to understand and the pictures help to keep them engaged. We will still read those most of the time but will try to do at least one chapter a week from the Book of Mormon, so far we have two down! I also made a goal to do 50 personal visits to the RS sisters in my ward.
Well, Happy 2013! Macey keeps referring to things that happened in the past (like starting kindergarten) and being "last year, you know 2012"!

1 comments:
Aww that baby is too cute! I'm scared to give blood too, good luck:)
Post a Comment