Sunday, January 27, 2013

Christmas Day!

Again, this post is seriously lacking in pictures!  Maybe next year I need to hire a photographer for all important holidays :) 
Well, Santa definitely hit the Miles house and our girls were ecstatic...after we woke them up of course!  I thought Macey might have reached the early morning wake-up stage this year but I was wrong.  She did get up much quicker than a normal day though when we reminded her what was was waiting downstairs!  The highlight of the Santa load for Avery was the Little People Disney Princess castle...so cute!  Macey got a microphone and a Barbie guitar that are both compatible with her MP3 player, but so far she is not convinced putting them together is a good idea!  Our family also got Super Mario Brothers Wii which Macey loves, and Dan and I have stayed up late many nights trying to get all of the star coins!  Macey was slightly disappointed that Santa didn't get her a new cash register (the third and last thing on her list) and we had to remind her many times that morning that sometimes Santa talks to our Grandma's and Grandpa's and tells them what we want too.  Luckily Grandma and Grandpa Miles came through :)  The girls also got Fur Real puppies from my family at breakfast at Tammy's and Avery got a Mickey Mouse farm from Dave and Jolynn. 
As usual it was a busy day, we left our house around 9:00 a.m. and didn't get home until around 8:00 but I am so grateful that we live near so much wonderful family and that our girls get to benefit from having relationships with so many people who love them! 
As I get older it seems there are less and less surprises on Christmas and this year Dan did great, he got me a tree ornament with a picture of the girls and their voices saying "Merry Christmas Mommy"!  Talk about a tear jerker!
 



Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!!

0 comments: