It was a good reading year I guess. This years total was 53. I often think about writing reviews on the blog of the books I read since I really enjoy reviews on other people's blogs but so far I can't get jazzed about it. I often have a hard time describing what I like about a book, and I am horrible at telling about them without giving the story away :) But I did pick my top reads of the year, in no particular order:
- The Selection
- The Rent Collector
- With a Name Like Love
- The Kitchen House
- Chains
- The Hundred Dresses
- Out of the Dust
- The Wind and the Waves
- Girl in Translation
- The Westing Game
- Return to Virtue
- The Ladies Auxiliary
If you have any good reads let me know :)
5 comments:
I really liked Ladies Auxilary. I think it should be an interesting discussion at book club...mostly because it kept reminding me of our own "weird" Mormon culture. ;)
Yay! I need a good book to read and I have LOVED all your suggestions! Thanks!
I was so excited to go to my book club tonight to get our new list of books for the year to find the girl didn't bring them and told us to read one on our own this month. So looking up your list of favorites with my library, the first one is the only one they have and I'm now #117 on the waiting list. Do you have any others to recommend?
Thanks for the ideas!!!!!!!! I need some more GOOD books to read. Yeah!
Glad you posted this! I've been wondering about it. (: I'll have to get you to review a few of them in person so I know which one to read first.
Post a Comment