Tuesday, February 12, 2013

We Love You Dottie!


Dorothy Elizabeth Larsen passed away January 8, 2013 in her home. Dorothy (went by Dottie) was born to John Larsen and Dorothy Elizabeth Schmidt Larsen January 22, 1949 in Hackensack New Jersey. She was the youngest of 3 children and grew up in New Jersey and Florida before moving to Utah to attend BYU.

 Dottie is survived by her 5 children, Kenneth (Cindy), Kevin (Lisa), Keith (Allison), Keri and Kraig (Ashlee) and 9 grandchildren Matthew, Cenric, Nicole, Jeff, Quentin, Hannah, Nicholas, Jack and Elle.

 A graveside service will be held Saturday, January 12, 2013 1:00 PM at Larkin Mortuary 1950 East 10600 South. A viewing will be held prior to the graveside service from 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM. Online condolences to larkincares.com.


We were sad to lose Dottie last month, I felt like I was losing a big piece of my childhood.  I loved looking back and remembering all of the good times I had at Keri's house; playing games, apple pancakes after sleepovers, the surprise party at the Lion House, dumping my chicken nuggets on the new carpet, getting sent home for chasing Kraig around, going to Ken's farewell and sitting on the stand with the family so I wouldn't have to sit alone, and having Dottie, Keith and Alison with me in the temple when Dan and I were sealed. 
Keri and her brothers did a sweet little service and each shared a bit about their mom, with a lot of laughs in true Nigbur fashion.  At the graveside I was given the wonderful opportunity of standing with Keri and her family and placing a rose on Dottie's casket. 



We love you Dottie!  Sitzmark won't be the same without you!

3 comments:

Jolynn Miles said...

I was wondering who Dottie is. We all need good friends at times like these. Tell Keri we are sorry.

Unknown said...

See? this is why I need to look at blogs more often! Thank you for this post :) Very touching and the day wouldn't have felt right without you there. Love you so much!!!!

Keith and Allie said...

You are such a sweetheart Lizzy! Thanks for always being there for Miss Keri! You are a perfect example of what a true friend should be! Thanks for doing this post! You make me look bad! ;)