skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Down and Dirty!
A few weeks ago Sherry, Jenn and I ran the Kiss Me Dirty race at Wheeler Farm and it was a blast!! When we were waiting for our heat we saw people coming back in all different states of dirtiness and weren't quite sure what we were in for but as we were running we found out you pretty much got as dirty as you wanted :-) Here we are before and after:

We got completely filthy and loved every minute of it! The race and the obstacles were so much fun, even with a little mud in the mouth! One of the highlights of the race was Jenn's major wipe out in a little "puddle" to the side of the course and me falling flat on my back in a big mud puddle after climbing down a rope ladder. We definitely want to do it again but I definitely learned a few tricks to better prepare, mainly to wear less clothing :) I wore clothes I would normally wear to run (t-shirt and capri pants) and they were so heavy with mud after the first lap it was horrible! Alot of the people dressed up in crazy costumes and we saw some girls in wedding dresses! I cannot imagine how hard that would have been. I was also really glad I got the opportunity to run this race because the proceeds benefit research for gynecological cancer and my aunt Sue is currently undergoing treatment for Stage 1 ovarian cancer so it was nice to support the cause :)
6 comments:
I seriously wish I could have joined in on the fun! I still find it strange you and Jen are friends! Crazy! Miss seeing you.
This looks disgustingly fun (50% disgusting, 50% fun) ... what a great cause though, and a new and exciting experience!
p.s. The Wonder Years is on the HUB here in Vegas. I don't know if you have that in Utah? ... but i pretty much never miss an episode. LOVE that show!
I hope you and your sweet family are having a great Summer!
That race was so fun! Thanks for telling me about it! And you were right, I didn't get nearly as dirty as you guys! You guys were covered in mud-so fun!
That is awesome. Thinking of doing a mud-run up in Logan in September....kind of scared/excited.
that looks awesome!
That is hilarious! What a fun race! I've never heard of it....maybe I'll have to try it next year! Way to go Lizzy! You look awesome!
Post a Comment