About a month ago one of our good friends, and the dad of one of Macey's besties Stocko, was diagnosed with metastatic melanoma. It is amazing how much someone's life can change in a flash. I can't even imagine what it has been like for Kevin and Rachel and their sweet kids to go through this trial and to learn to live with cancer as their new normal as they try to gain as much time as possible through Kevin's treatments. It is heartbreaking.
But I am grateful to have been able to see miracles come to them as they are in the midst of this and to see the blessings that have come to the lives of them and those around them. I have been blown away by the show of support, both emotional and financial, that has been pored out to their family since his diagnosis. it is wonderful to be able to see the goodness inside of people's hearts as they share and support each other. One of our friends had an idea to get as many pictures of people supporting Team Norris as possible and we had fun participating, I was even able to go the the school and take a Team Norris picture of Stockton (and Macey's) class and of Annie's class.
I have also felt very blessed in this time to know of Heavenly Father's plan for us and of eternal families. It has been especially tender to talk to Macey about these things, she caught me quite off guard the first day I went to see Kevin in the hospital and she asked me flat out if he was going to die. I told her that I hoped not and that the doctors were working very hard to help him get better. She then asked me what would happen if he did die, and with tears in my eyes I was able to give her an answer, that he would go to Heaven with Heavenly Father and Jesus and wait for his family because they are sealed together, that he would always be Stockton and Annie's dad and that they would be together again. I am so grateful for my knowledge of the plan and that I can teach my children the most amazing and comforting truths to help us through times like these.
We love the Norris Family!
To learn more about Kevin's battle and the fundraising efforts you can visit:
0 comments:
Post a Comment