Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Got Dirt?

This is what remains of the HUGE pile of dirt deposited on our driveway last Saturday. I don't remember the real measurement of the dirt but it was about 80 wheelbarrows full! Crazy!
We needed the dirt to regrade the side of our house to prevent another flood into the basement...especially since the basement is being finished this summer. It has been alot of work (that I have mostly gotten out of due to child wrangling...although I am not sure which is harder!) but we have been lucky to have family and neighbors pitch in. For now most of the dirt is moved to the side of the house (and some has brightened up our flower beds) but their is still a lot of work to even it all out.





I will try to post of picture of the finished product...that doesn't seem to be my strong suit since I still haven't posted pictures of the new bedroom paint but I will do my best! For now, if you want to get dirty, head on over :)

3 comments:

Julie Williams said...

That is a lot of dirt! My boys would love to come and play in it! I am so excited you are finishing your basement this summer!

Elmer said...

You want to come bring some dirt over to my backyard? I still haven't figured out what to do about my problem.

Keith and Allie said...

What terrible neighbors we are! If you need anymore help I am volunteering Keith! Let us know! Good luck! (I guess one of the joys of renting is that the landlord gets to take care of all that crap! :)