Thursday, October 8, 2009

Conference Campout

I love conference weekend! It is such a great opportunity to hear counsel from our leaders and especially to have he blessing of hearing the words of a prophet. We had a fun weekend and heard most of the talks (we missed some due to family stuff and we do have a 2-year old!). Some of my favorites were Elder Bednar's talk about strengthening our families by showing lover, bearing testimony and being consistent and President Eyering's talk about increasing our capacity to love.
We wanted to do something to make conference fun for Macey so we decided to have a conference campout! Dan had the idea to watch conference from out tent just like the people in the Book of Mormon when they were listening to King Benjamin speak. So we set up the tent in the basement and stocked up on treats and toys. Macey thought it was fun for awhile but she kept getting upset that her shows weren't in the TV. I think that we will make it a tradition to have our campout, I really want conference to be something our kids look forward to and enjoy!


2 comments:

Kellie Glade said...

What a fun and great idea. Where did you get Macey's pj's...so cute! My parents always made conference fun...now I know just how much hard work it probably was for them and us 6 kids. That's a great tradition to keep!

The Wessman Family said...

Lots of fun - I think that my kids would love that!