I am so glad that Macey loves reading! It is something I have always loved and it is so fun seeing her read on her own and sharing books with her that Dan and I loved as kids. Last week we finished reading our first chapter book at bedtime, Charlotte's Web. I was a little worried that Macey would have a hard time following along from night to night but she really liked it and understood what was going on for the most part. We are now onto our second chapter book, Peppermints in the Parlor, which is one of my all time favorites but I am pretty sure it is going to be a bit over Macey's head. I tried to talk her into Ramona the Pest or Stuart Little but she got her mind set on Peppermints when we were talking about our favorite books at dinner awhile ago and once Macey gets set on something it is no easy talk to change it...so we are giving it a try. We are a few chapters in and so far so good.
Another thing Macey loves lately is jokes and being almost 5 she has picked up a fascination with bathroom jokes, not my favorite :) She has even gotten Avery into the act. Avery will say "Knock-Knock" and after we say "who's there" she giggles and says "poopoo potty". Oh the lovely things little sisters pick up! Well a few days ago Macey overheard me telling someone that she is into bathroom jokes, so now she has decided to be "in the mood" for kitchen jokes or garden jokes! Her big one today has been a knock-knock joke about peanut butter and jelly :)
June
8 years ago
4 comments:
Love the new blog look. You must've figured it out after your FB post :). I always love The Chocolate Touch when I was little... I don't know what age group that's for... but I really loved Ramona books too. Cute Macey!
I love the new look too...I always want to change mine but don't want to take the time to figure it all out.
Funny thing about the knock knock jokes - Gage's favorite is: knock knock...who's there? I-eep, I-eep who? Get it, I eat poo! He thinks it is the funniest and sometimes I will laugh when someone falls for it.
i loved peppermints in the parlor!
That's awesome she loves to read. I wish Coop liked to. If you know of any books that he would like (that I could read to him), let me know. You know why he doesn't, takes after his mom. :o(
Post a Comment