Last week Dan and I had a super fun getaway to Vegas! The trip was to celebrate our 10th anniversary, which isn't until January, but when we started talking about going somewhere I got to excited to wait :) We are also thinking about going to Disneyland in the spring so we thought we should spread things out a bit. Our girls did great while we were away and had fun sleepovers with both of their Grandma's. It was the first time we had left Avery over night so I was so glad she did well.
Dan and I stayed at Mandalay Bay which I choose mostly for it's awesome pool. They have a wave pool that is like real ocean waves and the lounge chair area is a sandy beach. It was so relaxing to lay there listen to the waves and read in the warm sunshine! We found out Mandalay Bay also has the longest hallways ever! It took us hours (it seemed like) after getting off of the elevator to get to our room :)

And of course we ate some of the most expensive food ever :) One morning for breakfast Dan had a $7.00 glass of orange juice! But we had super yummy food and you gotta love the buffets!
We got to go to two shows, Criss Angel's Believe (a magic show) and Jersey Boys. Te magic show was good but a little weird and I loved Jersey Boys...minus the "authentic New Jersey language"! I came right home and bought the CD!

We also got the chance to go the the Vegas temple and do a session.
5 comments:
What a fun trip! Happy 10th to you both (in January!) Mandalay Bay is awesome, nice choice. I judge a hotel by the way it smells though, and Mandalay Bay smells fabulous ... AND has a pretty amazing pool, glad you got to enjoy it before the cooler weather hit ... it's a frigid 68 today. Next time you're in our backyard you'll have to let us know! :) Again, so glad you guys were able to have a nice getaway!
I thought the picture of the hallways was a mirror at first, then I reaized if it was, I would have seen you taking the picture in it. That is a way long hall! As for taking pictures of yourselves, I suck at it too. I always get our forheads, but Wes is good. Probably cause he has long arms.
Yay! Happy Anniversary! You gotta love Vegas baby! It's so fun to leave your kids! Now you'll be looking for excuses to do it again! Glad you had a fun getaway!
Sounds like so much fun! I miss you guys!
Happy 10 years!
Post a Comment