Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Conference

We had a great conference weekend! We headed up to Dave and Jolynn's condo with them and Matt and Kara and Macey and Avery LOVED being the only grandkids there to soak up every one's attention (and Kara's IPad!). There were a few talks that I missed or wasn't really paying attention, thanks to my little bedlamites, but what I did hear was wonderful as usual! It really is amazing how it seems like they are talking directly to me, especially this year. About two weeks ago Dan's aunt was diagnosed with an aggressive form of brain cancer and underwent emergency surgery to remove a tumor. After much prayer, fasting and a blessing she recovered from the surgery much better than her doctors first hoped and although she has a long road ahead of her she is doing great right now and has a very positive outlook. I was amazed at the number of talked that mentioned similar things and talked about the miraculous blessings that follow our trials, they seemed perfectly suited to the situation.
Macey enjoyed watching conference in the tent again this year and loved making her conference crafts...she loves gluing anything! It was a bit more of a struggle this year trying to keep Avery out of things, to Macey's dismay Avery ate part of her First Presidency puppets, but for a 3 1/2 and 10 month old I think we did pretty good :-) Of course I didn't take any pictures (it seems to be a theme with my posts lately) but we had a great time and I am looking forward to the May Ensign so I can study all of the wonderful messages.


P.S. What do you think of the 3 column thing? I can't decide if I like it.

3 comments:

The Wessman Family said...

I loved the Elder Holland's Bedlamites quote. It was actually reassuring to be reminded that we're not alone in fighting our little battles in trying to do the right things like FHE, scripture study, etc. Luckily we are on the winning team!!

The McKnights said...

I like the 3 columns. I've been thinking of doing it myself. It just feels so much more roomy on the page. How did you transition? I've been trying to figure it out, but I don't know where to go to make the change.

Holli said...

That was so much fun! It made me excited to go again on Monday, although without the posse :(